Date:      Thu, 14 Jun 2001 10:39:55 -0400
From:      Steve Wills <steve@stevenwills.com>
To:        Paul Thornton <prt@prt.org>
Cc:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Vaio PCG-XG9 Problem

--FsscpQKzF/jJk6ya

Yeah, the PCMCIA works great. Here's what I have in my kernel config
for it:

# PCCARD (PCMCIA) support
device          card
device          pcic0   at isa? irq 11 port 0x3e0 iomem 0xd0000

The irq used to be set to 0. Changing it to 11 solved my sound card
issues.=20

Anyway, I don't know if this will solve your problem though. Since
your controller is detected but doesn't work later, it almost sounds
like something is going wrong with pccardd or perhaps you aren't
running pccardd? If you are, try checking its logs.

Steve

On Thu, Jun 14, 2001 at 04:34:10PM +1000, Paul Thornton wrote:
> Steve,
>=20
> As an aside from your sound woes, have you managed to make the PCMCIA slo=
t=20
> on the docking station work properly?  It appears happily in the dmesg bu=
t=20
> then is pretty much non-funtional after that.
>=20
> Thanks,
>=20
> Paul.