Date:      Thu, 31 May 2001 19:54:27 +0200
From:      Cynic <cynic@mail.cz>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   install locations of packages

Hi there,

I've installed FreeBSD 4.3, and added bash and tcsh (btw,
/stand/sysinstall didn't mark tcsh as installed though it
was). These got installed to /usr/local/bin/, but I'd
rather have them in /bin/. I could just move them, but
then I won't be able to remove them. I have had a look at
/var/db/pkg/, and it looks like the locations are hashed
with MD5. Will it be enough to edit the +<files> with the
new locations _and_ new hashes, or is the integrity
checked elsewhere? As I said, I want to be able to remove
the packages with pkg_delete(1).

Better yet -- where will the man page get installed if I
install e. g. bash with # pkg_add -p / bash-2.05.tgz ?
Because normally it goes to /usr/local/bin and
/usr/local/man/man1/ (hope I have the locations right, no
freebsd system around here), while I want it in /bin/ and
/usr/share/man/man1/. I guess I'll have to edit the install
script, right?

TIA

cynic@mail.cz