Date:      Tue, 12 Nov 2013 15:00:40 -0800
From:      Charles Swiger <cswiger@mac.com>
To:        Gerard Seibert <jerry@seibercom.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: unbound and ntp in FreeBSD 10 Beta 3

Hi--

On Nov 12, 2013, at 2:53 PM, Gerard Seibert <jerry@seibercom.net> wrote:
> =46rom what I can find, I only have to place that declaration in the =
rc.conf file to get unbound working. I found the info here:  =
http://blog.des.no/2013/09/local-caching-resolver-in-freebsd-10/ =
However, I am not sure if I am also supposed to put the "service =
local_unbound start" line into the rc.conf file also. If not; how am I =
supposed to start the service?  I think the directions could use a =
little clarification.

Hmm...OK, what part of the below was unclear?

# echo local_unbound_enable=3Dyes >>/etc/rc.conf
# service local_unbound start

The first line updates /etc/rc.conf to startup unbound upon system boot.
You could edit /etc/rc.conf instead to add that line, if you prefer.

The second line starts unbound immediately (ie, without rebooting).  =
It's a shell command which should be run as root, and not a config entry =
for /etc/rc.conf.

Regards,
--=20
-Chuck