Date:      Thu, 23 Jun 2005 11:02:38 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Luke Dean <LukeD@pobox.com>
To:        Thomas Hill <improvizationstation@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 5.4 / linux-opera

On Thu, 23 Jun 2005, Thomas Hill wrote:
> However, I was previously using the web browser Opera under Linux
> emulation because it supports lots of the browser plugins.... But now
> when installing linux-opera from the ports collection it complains
> about libX11.so.6, which I know is a common X11 library. Oh yes, and
> it doesn't run at all now.
>
> Just wondering, is anyone using linux-opera 8.02 on FreeBSD 5.4 and
> experiencing the same problem.

8.02?  The latest thing I can find in the ports collection is
linux-opera-8.01.20050615_2

It runs just great for me; much better than 8.0 did.
libX11.so.6 is a standard X library, but linux-opera needs the linux
version of the library.  It sounds like you may need to work on getting
your linux compatibility working.  That's the trickiest part of the
process.