Date:      Sat, 13 Sep 2008 22:43:53 -0700 (PDT)
From:      tootired <gcofake2@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Brother HL-2040 (USB connection) and CUPS

Has anyone gotten this to work at all?  I've been tearing my hair out for 2
days now trying to troubleshoot this printer.  I've gotten it to the point
where the printer is recognized in CUPS web interface, but when I try to
print a test page, the status is "Unknown" and error_log shows printer.cgi
"exiting without errors" after CUPS only reads and writes the print data
partially.

Essentially, it shows xxxx bytes print data read, xxxx bytes print data
write, but then hangs on the next xxx bytes read, closes printer.cgi, and
nothing is actually printed.

If you need any more info, just ask away.