Date:      Fri, 6 Sep 2002 09:52:16 +0100
From:      Bruce M Simpson <bms@spc.org>
To:        Brian Behlendorf <brian@hyperreal.org>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: VAIO, mousepad and X11.

On Thu, Sep 05, 2002 at 07:44:57PM -0700, Brian Behlendorf wrote:
> On Wed, 4 Sep 2002, Bruce M Simpson wrote:
> > I prefer sjog because it knows how to adjust the TFT brightness. The port
> > is now committed: /usr/ports/sysutils/sjog
>
> Am I correct in assuming this is a -CURRENT thing?  I don't have that
> port in -STABLE.  I also just built a -STABLE kernel with the spic device
> in the kernel config file, and (on my C1-XS) I had two panics within an
> hour of operation.  Anyone else using spic, on -STABLE, on a C1* box?

Doh. My bad. I copied it from my dev tree to my ports tree to shut
up portupgrade warnings. The PR for this is still sitting in the open
queue, find your favorite friendly ports committer and bully/blackmail/
bribe him to commit:-
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/41905

-STABLE has the spic. I'm using spic on the Vaio PCG-Z600HEK, note that
I have to specify the port space where the spic is located explicitly,
you can probably change it from within /boot/kernel.conf or using boot -c
passed to the loader.

BMS