Date:      Wed, 5 Sep 2001 04:00:01 +0000
From:      Michael Collette <metrol@earthlink.net>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD <freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: Known issues

Warner,

  Just a quick follow up to the status of my situation over here.  It seems
that things really are pretty well cleaned up for the most part.  I still get
3 ed0 timeout errors the first time I access anything related to TCP/IP.
After that I no longer see any errors.  Looks like it just needs a bit of a
kick to get things going, or I'm not giving it enough time to initialize.
Either way, this minor of a glitch I can gladly live with.
  The only real problem I can still see has to do with shutting down or
rebooting.  Whether I issue a 'halt' or 'reboot' command, the system hangs
immediately after the message about how much up time I had.  This isn't that
big a deal as it seems the file system shuts down normally, and I'm not
fragmenting all over the place due to an improper shut down.  Didn't have
this problem with 4.3 using GENERIC.  I also didn't have apm support compiled
into GENERIC either, which may be what is going on.  Either way, thought
you'd like to know.
  I'm presently running on a cvsup to STABLE as of last night.  Things look
pretty good here, with decent throughput on the networking.

Later on,

--
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too
dark to read."