Date:      Fri, 3 Mar 2000 13:56:25 -0500
From:      "Phastnet" <phastnet@bellsouth.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   switch from natd to ipnat

Hi, I am currently using natd to share a dsl connection to my network. It
works pretty good, but alot of things don't work right (such as active FTP,
ICQ behaves strange, etc.).  I was searching dejanews on how to solve the
ICQ problems, and found out people were saying that ipnat does things alot
better than natd, including active ftp and ICQ.  So I have read everything I
can find about ipnat, and want to use it. My problem is, I can't find any
instructions on how to get it installed!  I am running 3.4-RELEASE, and from
what the ipnat docs say, it should be included. It even appears to be
installed, but whenever I try to run it, I get Device not configured errors.
I'm sure this just means that I don't have something configured right, but I
can't find any help on how to do the initial setup, just instructions on how
to setup rules, mapping, etc.

I have one other question: What is the easiest way to convert from
3.4-RELEASE to 3.4-STABLE?

Thank for your help!

Shawn M.
phastnet.com