Date:      Fri, 7 Nov 2003 14:27:50 +0000
From:      Lewis Thompson <purple@lewiz.net>
To:        FreeBSD-questions <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   sftp mount?

--W/nzBZO5zC0uMSeA

Hi,

I'm wondering if there might be any way to mount an sftp ``filesystem''?
At my university everything is firewalled and the only way I can
transfer files to/from my account is to use sftp -- but that gets quite
painful after a while.

  I was wondering if anybody knew a way I might achieve what could
essentially be described as mounting an sftp ``export''?  Maybe I could
specify an argument that sets the logical root?

  So:

mount_sftp --root=3D/home/lewiz foo.bar.com /remote_home

would provide /home/lewiz on foo.bar.com at /remote_host?  Is this
possible in any way at all?  Or can anybody suggest any other way I
might achieve something similar?  Bear in mind I am actually restricted
to sftp/ssh.

  Thanks very much!

-lewiz.

--=20
I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now.  --Bob Dylan, 1964.
-| msn:purple@lewiz.net | jabber:lewiz@jabber.org | url:www.lewiz.org |-

--W/nzBZO5zC0uMSeA

--W/nzBZO5zC0uMSeA--