Date:      Thu, 9 Nov 2000 15:00:44 -0800
From:      "Lee Fuller" <leelist@primedna.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Several Problems... HELP??

Just installed a fresh, clean install from floppies/FTP of 4.1-RELEASE...

Ran CVSup to get new sources for 4.1 Stable, and did a 4.1 Stable upgrade
from "/stand/sysinstall".

Problems:

- Cannot even compile the GENERIC kernel.  Stop 1 at no such file/directory
eth.h as well as a couple of other items in the isa/isa_compat.h file.

- When I finally did remove the "include" statements in the isa_compat.h
file, it compiled, but crashes on boot.

- Am using ETInc's BWMGR software... and when I add that into the mix, it
will not load it's device, even when I COULD get the kernel to compile.

Questions:

- Is there a way to start an install (from floppies/ftp) that will create a
fresh clean install of 4.1.1-stable, without having to go thru "release" to
get there?

- Why wouldn't even the GENERIC (untouched) file compile at all?

Thanks, in advance, for the help!

Lee Fuller
Chief Technical Officer
PrimeDNA Corporation