Date:      Wed, 4 Oct 2000 21:27:23 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        djohnson@acuson.com (David Johnson)
Cc:        jswarner@uswest.net (Joe Warner), freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: BSD Magazine (Advertiser Responses)

> > >Could you please give me more details about the readers you target, how
> > many
> > >magazines you want to print and in which areas you want to distribute your
> > >magazine? Do you already have a dummy of your magazine you could show me?
>
> Are we already hitting a circular roadblock? Can't get a magazine until
> we get advertisers, and we can't get advertisers until we get a
> magazine...

So _build_ a magazine instead of "get"ting it.  You can't _build_
advertisers (you could maybe build "advertiser" -- singular).

Anyone can publish anything they are willing to publish; it looks
like the FreeBSD Really Quick Newsletter might be going this route:
online publication, with people who like paper and maintaing their
own immutable archives paying a premium to have it sent to them.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.