Date:      Sat, 29 May 1999 18:10:25 +1200
From:      Joe Abley <jabley@clear.co.nz>
To:        Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>
Cc:        Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@flood.ping.uio.no>, Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, jabley@clear.co.nz
Subject:   Re: fetch(1) / fetch(3) patchkit available

On Fri, May 28, 1999 at 11:27:20AM +0100, Brian Somers wrote:
> What about a non-interactive command for pushing stuff via ftp/http ?
> This has always been lacking IMHO (``ftp -n <<EOF'' is full of
> gotchas).
>
> I haven't actually looked at libfetch, but I would think that the
> functionality should be there.

If we're throwing in the kitchen sink, then the ability to do a POST
via HTTP would also be really useful. Every second device I throw into
the network comes with a lovely-looking web interface that is a pain
to retrieve stats from automagically.

Being able to do this with a fetch would be marvelous ;)

Joe