Date:      Mon, 24 Jul 2000 14:25:32 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
To:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>
Cc:        Jack Rusher <jar@integratus.com>, freebsd-arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SANs, disks, & devfs

Well, this doesn't address directly things like tape devices or ses instances
(e.g.)- basically anything that is SCSI or Fibre Channel addressable has some
kind of WWN or Serial Number for the device itself, but there is more or less
general consensus from linux to Veritas to here that an ondisk label (past
initial import) is the right thing to do.

Again- I think that this and the full devfs is a usable methodology. I still
would like some feedback as to whether or not linking mount (and mt, e.g.)
with libcam so I can use device VPD info or WWNs would be just too awful for
FreeBSD. This way it can be used now, without vinum.