Date:      Fri, 5 Jan 2001 07:39:07 -0500
From:      "Otter" <otterr@telocity.com>
To:        "Greg Black" <gjb@gbch.net>, <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Toshiba laptop on FreeBSD?

does it really matter? if you get the cdrom, you can make your 2 boot
floppies from it! I've got a 330 CDS which is a bit newer than yours
and had to use the floppies to get it installed. You can also check
out what people have contributed to the FreeBSD Laptop Compatibility
Page at http://www.cse.ucsc.edu/~dkulp/fbsd/laptop.html. Even though
most of the versions mentioned are older, there's still a lot of good
info, especially where it lists "notes" - which is where people put
the areas they had problems with, and list their workarounds, if any.
-Otter
p.s. if you want performance with an x11 desktop, don't expect much.
keep in mind that most laptop hard drives are slower than many PC
drives (4200rpm compared to 5400, 7200, 10k). Add the extra memory if
you can afford it. It does make a difference.