Date:      Sat, 2 Nov 2002 10:42:47 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gumbysoft.com>
To:        qa@freebsd.org
Subject:   can't install 4.7 to a mly

Heya,

It looks like a 'camcontrol rescan' got left out of sysinstall at some
point since any controllers (like mly) that get loaded by modules don't
get their disks probed.  You have to launch a shell and do 'camcontrol
rescan' then do a device rescan from the Options screen to get them to
show up.

The mly on the system I was testing seems especially tweaked since doing
the rescan locked the mylex controller up. :-/ Not sure if its a mly bug,
a problem with the system itself, or what. I was able to put 4.6.2 on a
similiar system using the same method.

Dunno :-/

dwhite@gumbysoft.com          |  www.FreeBSD.org