Date:      Tue, 24 Feb 1998 00:10:32 -0600
From:      dannyman <dannyman@sasquatch.dannyland.org>
To:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   help with PATCH_DIST_STRIP

okay. i should be studying for a history exam. however, I decided to take a
crack at the conditional-compile netatalk thingy.

Now, before I even start trying #if __FREEBSD__ => 3 I wanna get the patch
stuff working out right.

Here's the contents of the Makefile;

DISTNAME=       netatalk-1.4b2
CATEGORIES= net print
MASTER_SITES=   ftp://terminator.rs.itd.umich.edu/unix/netatalk/

PATCH_SITES=   http://www.umich.edu/~rsug/netatalk/patches/

PATCHFILES= 1.4b2/afpd-macos8.diff other/freebsd3.diff

PATCH_DIST_STRIP= -p1

MAINTAINER= stb@freebsd.org

NOMANCOMPRESS= true

.include <bsd.port.mk>

However, I hit make;
0:08 arh0300:~/dev/STABLE/netatalk> make
>> Checksum OK for netatalk-1.4b2.tar.gz.
cannot open 1.4b2/afpd-macos8.diff: no such file
*** Error code 2

Stop.

AUGH!

I can not, for the life of me, figure out what caveat I'm bashing my head
against here. As far as I can tell, the PATCH_DIST_STRIP there should do the
job of telling the mechanism to remove that 1.4b2 trash ... at least the URLs
are grabed properly.

TIA for all wisdom!

good day,
dannyman