Date:      Fri, 12 Mar 1999 18:07:54 +0800 (CST)
From:      Michael Robinson <robinson@netrinsics.com>
To:        stanb@awod.com, steveo@iol.ie
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Help with gnomecontrlcenter port

"Steve O'Hara-Smith" <steveo@iol.ie> writes:
>        x11/gnome is the meta port for the whole shebang. I'm still trying to
>figure out what the fuss is about, so far it looks like a lot of code for not
>much result (surely I'm missing something).

Mostly it's goodies for developers at this point (e.g., if you want to bang
together a quicky GUI app, there's no quicker way than using the Python
Gnome/GTK+ bindings).

Down the road, there will be a robust draggable, droppable, all interoperable
personal productivity environment ala Microsoft.

For now, you can try playing with gnumeric.

	-Michael Robinson