Date:      Tue, 01 Dec 2009 09:33:38 +0000
From:      Michal <michal@ionic.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Phoronix Benchmarks: Waht's wrong with FreeBSD 8.0?

O. Hartmann wrote:
> I'm just wondering what's wrong with FreeBSD 8.0/amd64 when I read the
> Benchmarks on Phoronix.org's website. Especially FreeBSD's threaded I/O
> shows in contrast to all claims that have been to be improoved the
> opposite.
>
> oh

This all reminds me  of a few releases ago MySQL performance being
terrible. I guess this is still the same? We've had arguments internally
weather certain machines are FreeBSD like some existing or Linux like
other existing as Linux always out-performed by miles. We never tested
these using on OpenBSD however, so I don't know if that had the same
problem...