Date:      Tue, 15 Jun 1999 15:15:24 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Nick Hibma <nick.hibma@jrc.it>
Subject:   dumpon

I've yesterday tried to get kernel dumps to work and failed (and instead
just fixed the bug I was looking for :-).

The manpage for dumpon seems to be out of date. Adding

	dump on wd0s2b

to the KERNEL config file, gives me a syntax error in that line.

And adding the dumpdev to rc.conf is too late as I want the machine to
go pop before the filesystems are mounted RW.

Any pointers on how I can switch on dumping to the swap partition
(/dev/wd0s2b), to be enabled at boot time?

Nick

--
ISIS/STA, T.P.270, Joint Research Centre, 21020 Ispra, Italy