Date:      Tue, 27 Aug 2002 09:56:15 +0400
From:      Andrew Karjagin <Andrew.Karjagin@newmail.ru>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ppp -auto -nat Gateway routing problem

Yes, it is DNS problem. But editing /etc/hosts doesn't resolve it. Qmail have very strong security options and it require full time DNS-server access. So when you disconnect from your provider Qmail start working very slowly, because try to find DNS-servers. Change it to Exim, for example (www.exim.org). This program doesn't have so paranoya options, stable, very simple configured and worked very well for me.