Date:      Thu, 4 Oct 2001 19:57:32 +0800
From:      KT Sin <ktsin@acm.org>
To:        vikashb@mweb.co.za
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: m3socks and cvsup

Hi

Are you able to get socks working with others like telnet, ssh, ftp, etc?

Here are some steps to help you to troubleshoot:

First, try telnetting to the socks server's port 1080 to verify that it is
indeed running.

e.g	telnet socks_servername 1080

Next, try telnetting to cvsup port of the cvsup server with runsocks, e.g.

bsd:~[510]$ runsocks telnet cvsup3.freebsd.org 5999
Trying 0.0.0.5...
Connected to cvsup3.freebsd.org.
Escape character is '^]'.
OK 17 0 SNAP_16_1e CVSup server ready