Date:      Thu, 03 May 2001 15:19:57 -0700
From:      Scott Reese <sreese@codysbooks.com>
To:        Stefan Molnar <stefan@csudsu.com>
Cc:        mij@osdn.com, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Ricochet Modems

Stefan Molnar wrote:

> It is doable.  I did it for 1 1/2 because the 28.8k ricochet was cheaper
> than a phone line and a dedicated ppp connection to an isp.  Just need to
> hanle having dhcp, and reconnecting about ever 7-10 days.

That's pretty much why I want to do it too...unfortunately I'm not very
well-versed in configuring dhcp clients...are there any FAQ's anywhere that
would be of any use..?  Also, what would I have to reconnect to every 7-10
days?  I'm not sure I catch your meaning on that one...

Thanks again, and sorry for all the questions, but I'm fairly new to FreeBSD and
all its nuances and I'm trying to make sure that I can actually make this setup
work before I shell out the cash for the modem and the service.

-Scott