Date:      Fri, 14 Sep 2007 22:55:38 +0200
From:      Mel <fbsd.questions@rachie.is-a-geek.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: kernel log messages

On Friday 14 September 2007 22:47:47 Steve Bertrand wrote:
> > +pid 85092 (httpd), uid 80: exited on signal 11 pid 85097 (httpd), uid
> >
> > +80: exited on signal 11 pid 85099 (httpd), uid 80: exited on signal 11
> >
> > Is this something I should care about ? First time I see this, and since
> > the os mention it to me, I guess it's something important :-)
>
> In almost every case I've seen posted to this list regarding sig 11
> problems, the response has nearly always been replace memory.
>
> Even in a case of my own a few years back, said recommendation fixed my
> problem. (I think mine was during a buildworld).
>
> Aside from that, I've also heard of heat (as already stated this
> thread), and flaky power supply.

While this may be true, 90% of the cases of SIGSEV is programming error,
combine that with a publically accessible daemon, it means unauthorized
access thread. This is why it's listed in daily and why running the suggested
portaudit is a good idea (both apache and php released security releases this
week FYI).

--
Mel