Date:      Thu, 15 Apr 1999 17:18:24 -0400
From:      Dennis <dennis@etinc.com>
To:        chris@calldei.com
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: NT4 server 2.5 times faster than Linux

At 10:31 PM 4/14/99 -0500, you wrote:
>On Wed, Apr 14, 1999, Lee Cremeans wrote:
>> Mindcraft Certification
>>
>>    Mindcraft, Inc. conducted the performance tests described in this
>>    report between March 10 and March 13, 1999. Microsoft Corporation
>>    sponsored the testing reported herein.      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
>   Read their disclaimer, too.  They report they're not liable
>for inaccuracies, etc.  And that the information on the page may
>change without notice.
>
>> That should speak volumes about the test's credibility.

Maybe so, but it MAY simply be that microsoft's multiprocessor support
is better than LINUX's...I'd like to see the same test on a single processor
machine....its not impossible that NT4 was optimized for use on a
multi-cpu machine...they certainly have had more time with intel to
work on it than the linux people have.

If you keep trying systems you'll find one that makes your product look
good...at least you dont have to reboot linux to change an IP address :-)

Dennis