Date:      Mon, 8 Oct 2001 15:29:38 -0700
From:      steve@Watt.COM (Steve Watt)
To:        Gregory Neil Shapiro <gshapiro@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Sendmail rantlet

On Oct 8, 11:35, Gregory Neil Shapiro wrote:
} steve> Since SENDMAIL_MC is not defined, it copies freebsd.mc over it.
}
} No, it doesn't.  make only runs that rule if `hostname`.mc does not exist.

That's not how I read the excerpt you posted earlier:

} ifndef SENDMAIL_MC
} SENDMAIL_MC!=           hostname
} SENDMAIL_MC:=           ${SENDMAIL_MC}.mc
}
} ${SENDMAIL_MC}: freebsd.mc
}         cp freebsd.mc ${SENDMAIL_MC}
} endif

To me, that says if freebsd.mc is newer than `hostname`.mc, overwrite.
Which is certainly the case after an installworld.

Steve

--
Steve Watt KD6GGD  PP-ASEL-IA          ICBM: 121W 56' 57.8" / 37N 20' 14.9"
 Internet: steve @ Watt.COM                         Whois: SW32