Date:      Sun, 06 Oct 2002 14:25:41 +0900 (JST)
From:      Mitsuru IWASAKI <iwasaki@jp.FreeBSD.org>
To:        ken@kdm.org
Cc:        jhb@FreeBSD.ORG, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PCI problems with today's current

Hi,

> I tried the patches you checked in, and PCI bus 2 on my machine still isn't
> probed.  See the attached dmesg.
>
> I'm a bit confused about just what sort of file the ACPI code expects to
> load on boot.
>
> I installed the acpicatools port, so I've got iasl(1), but it appears to
> have 4 output modes (C or assembly source, C or assembly hex table), at
> least for AML output (which acpi(4) says is what you need to load), and
> no output modes for DSDT files.

Ok, you got errors from iasl, like;
SupermicroP3TDE6.new.asl    56: Scope(DEB_) {
Error    1077 -                          ^ Existing object has invalid type for Scope operator (DEB_, Integer)

This is invalid, so ACPI CA interpreter in our kernel complains;
    ACPI-0623: *** Warning: Type override - [DEB_] had invalid type (Integer) for Scope operator, changed to (Scope)

But never mind, you can force to compile the ASL and generate DSDT;
 # iasl -i SupermicroP3TDE6.new.asl
then copy generated acpi_dsdt.aml to /boot/.
 # cp acpi_dsdt.aml /boot/

I'll think about other possibilities to solve this...

Thanks