Date:      Thu, 30 Dec 2004 08:43:55 -0600
From:      "Andrew L. Gould" <algould@datawok.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, Filip Haragus <filip.haragus@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: hoe to install x

On Thursday 30 December 2004 04:37 am, Filip Haragus wrote:
> hy
>
> i'm new in freebsd and i have a problem.
>  I installed freebsd 5.3 at my workplace, but i have limited acces to
> the itnernet. I want to install xface enviroment(or any other) from
> the 5.3 release cd's(NOT over the internet). can u give me a hand?
>
> best regards
> filip

1. Mount the installation CDROM.

2. Change the working directory to /cdrom/packages/All.

3. Use pkg_add to install xorg-6.7.0_1.tbz and any other package on the
CD you wish to add.  pkg_add will take care of dependencies.
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/packages-using.html

4. Read the handbook and configure X:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/x-config.html

Best of luck,