Date:      Mon, 30 Sep 1996 16:28:09 -0500
From:      D B Dews <d.b.dews@camel.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   new and dumb

Sick of the perfidious scoundrels at Microsoft and their ceaseless dirty
little lies about win NT I'm trying to get Freebsd running.

1. I've installed off a DOS partition, but cannot find how to set the
DNS name server, netmask, etc. During a previous (unsuccessful) attempt
to install from FTP I got a full screen for entering all the
necessaries, but haven't found it since. I've "man"'d, helped, doced,
etc etc. Can't find DNS, nameserver etc in the WC booklet.

2. Also something is assigning my Netcom 3C5098 network adapter a false
value ("bnc" meaning 10base2 I believe). Here's what scrolls by during
boot-up. Anyway to get rid of that bnc? (My 3coms are hooked by 10BaseT
thru an Everyware 2060 router to a 24-hour 128K ISDN feed, all of which
has been working for some months for a DOS tcp/ip stack as well as
Windows NT, such as it is.)

ep0  0x300-0x30f irq 10 on isa
ep0  aui/stp/bnc [etc]
             ^^^
If this is too stupid to merit a response just remember...I bought
Windows NT. The only way is up from here.