Date:      Fri, 10 Oct 2003 23:45:21 +1000
From:      Q <q_dolan@yahoo.com.au>
To:        William O'Higgins <william.ohiggins@utoronto.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: writing pdfs

You have quite a few options:

1. HTMLDOC - will convert most HTML documents to PDF very quickly (I use
this in production to generate several thousand files a month)
2. Openoffice 1.1 - has an Export to PDF option. (the most recent port
works)
3. Anything that prints using Gnome's Gnome-print or KDE's Kprint, eg.
Abiword or Kword, even gedit.
4. Ghostscript's ps2pdf tool used with any application that can save or
print to postscript, like a2ps, html2ps, etc.

Whichever method you choose, make sure you verify the output in Acrobat
a few times until you are confident with the result. Sometimes it takes
a bit of tweaking to get everything in the right places.

Seeya...Q