Date:      Sun, 15 Sep 1996 13:10:18 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Randy <randyd@nconnect.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   AMD difficulties

Greetings,

I seem to be having a great deal of difficulty understanding how to get amd
set up and running on my network.  I'm wondering if someone would be willing
to help me with the following example:....

2 FBSD machines: named "egyptian" and "arabian"
egyptian is the 'server'
I wish to export the '/data' filesystem (mounted on /dev/wd1s1c) to arabian
    ( and potentially other machines later)

I'm confused about what's required in /etc/amd.map entries, and /etc/fstab entri
es
to get this to work.  I can mount these systems normally with mount.  Furthermor
e,
I don't know if I'm supposed to replace mountd with amd, or if amd requires moun
td.
(I have enabled amd in /etc/sysconfig) Do I need amd running on both machines
or just one??

Could someone please illustrate this example a little?? :)

Thanks

Randy