Date:      Thu, 19 Sep 2002 22:09:24 -0400
From:      dfolkins <dfolkins@comcast.net>
To:        Grant Cooper <grant.cooper@nucleus.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Upgrade Computer - old vidio card

From: "Grant Cooper" <grant.cooper@nucleus.com>
To: <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Sent: Thursday, September 19, 2002 11:06 AM
Subject: Upgrade Computer - old vidio card

> Case - 147 with 350W Power Supply
> Motherboard -AUS A7V266-E-AA
> CPU - AMD Athlon XP 1800+
> Memory - 256 MB DDR PC2100 Ram
>
> I have an old Pent 300 monitor card.
>
> Should I expect any problems or do monitor factory made computers have
> specific cards for mother boards? I have never replaced one and this one
is
> about 3.5 years old. I am also paying 500 CND for the upgrade.

video cards are not made specifically for motherboards, so you should not
have problems sticking the old video card into the new board.
of course, should you decide to do anything graphics-intensive on that
computer, you might experience some slowness, as a 3.5 year old video card
probably is not all that powerful.  but it will _work_, if that's what you
are asking.
and by the way, how is this related to freebsd? :)
--
dfolkins