Date:      Wed, 06 Oct 1999 11:55:21 -0400 (EDT)
From:      John Baldwin <jobaldwi@vt.edu>
To:        Narvi <narvi@haldjas.folklore.ee>
Cc:        FreeBSD Documentation Project <doc@FreeBSD.ORG>, Neil Blakey-Milner <nbm@mithrandr.moria.org>
Subject:   Re: Style Challenge!

On 06-Oct-99 Narvi wrote:

>> > No!!!! I can't see why you should even think about this.
>>
>> It's much more readable in my opinion, and it does seem to be the
>> way
>> things are being done currently.
>>

> They aren't. About half of the articles are that way.
>
> The same applies to the handbook. A lot of the periods have only one
> space
> following them.
>
> I would vote for removing the double periods, not expanding the
> others to
> two. Or leaving them alone.

Check the archives; we've already had this discussion (is this going to
be the async-kernel syscalls debate of -doc?!?) and the final decision
was to use two (2) spaces between sentences.

>> There are no translations, to my knowledge, that correspond to the
>> English articles, as opposed to the books (handbook, faq, &c.).
>>

> Handbook and articles should imho follow the same style.

Umm.. his point above is about availability of translations, nothing
about style. :)

---

John Baldwin <jobaldwi@vt.edu> -- http://www.cslab.vt.edu/~jobaldwi/