Date:      Fri, 23 Jun 2000 08:29:12 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Joseph Scott <joseph.scott@owp.csus.edu>
To:        Wolfgang Kess <case@inga.augusta.de>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Build in network cards support?

On Fri, 23 Jun 2000, Wolfgang Kess wrote:
> some Notebook e.g. some Compaq come with build in Ethernet cards.
> Is there FreeBSD support?

	I was wondering the same thing at one point.  We are looking at
some Compaq's with built-in ethernet adapters.  I found a local CompUSA
that also carried these, went down there with the two FreeBSD boot
floppies and asked if I could try them out, thinking that if the card
comes up detected correctly then it would most likely work.  It took a
little bit of convincing of manager to let me do it ( their notebooks are
locked up ) but he did let me do it.

	He then proceded to make some lame comment about how it looked
like DOS.  It was all I could do to keep from telling him that the longer
he spoke, the less intelligent he sounded.

	At any rate, we ended up buying Dell's with out built in ethernet.

---
Joseph Scott
joseph.scott@owp.csus.edu
The Office Of Water Programs - CSU Sacramento