Date:      Mon, 24 Apr 2000 14:24:24 -0400
From:      Patrick Gardella <patrick@whetstonelogic.com>
To:        John Daniels <jmd526@hotmail.com>, freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Sun's RFE - 1st place

John Daniels wrote:

> 1)How do I vote?
>
> 2) Let's get out the vote!  Messages and reminders should be sent to other
> mailing lists and BSD websites.  Can someone (I'm just a newbie) send a
> message to the other mailing lists with simple, easy instructions (with a
> URL) so we can get the most votes possible? Are multiple votes OK?  One vote
> per person? per url? per login to sun's developer site?

Take a look at the http://www.freebsd.org/java/ pages.  Especially, the
news section. :)

> If we "win" just what does that mean?  How long (estimate?) before Sun would
> start on/finish a port?

Absolutely nothing.  :)  It's a request process, (Request for
Enhancement), so they can ignore it, if they wish.

> Does it help our chances that the Java porting team has made significant
> progress on a native port?  Shouldn't this be made known to Sun?  (Oh, and
> please don't forget to THANK the Java porting team for their work)

That does help, since they might just pick up our port, and make
enhancements to it.

But the more "votes" or other requests helps our cause greatly.

Patrick Gardella