Date:      Fri, 10 Feb 2006 11:52:37 -0500
From:      Joe Altman <fj@panix.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   USB0 host controller crash

Last night, I fired up Grip and shortly after it was invoked, my mouse
(ums0: Razer Razer Diamondback Optical Mouse, rev 2.00/1.00, addr 3,
iclass 3/1 ums0: 7 buttons and Z dir) went dark. It's transparent,
so it was obvious when it died. Right about that time, the USB
keyboard followed (ukbd0: vendor 0x1241 USB Keyboard, rev 1.10/2.80,
addr 2, iclass 3/1 kbd0 at ukbd0 uhid0: vendor 0x1241 USB Keyboard,
rev 1.10/2.80, addr 2, iclass 3/1.)

Here, the errors from dmesg:

usb0: host controller process error
usb0: host controller halted

I moved the mouse to a different USB port, and it was detected and
useable; as expected, the USB keyboard did not come back when I moved
it to a different USB port.

I don't have any further information; but do more experienced eyes see
some indication that there might be something seriously amiss here,
requiring further investigation?

FreeBSD anna 6.1-PRERELEASE FreeBSD 6.1-PRERELEASE #0: Sat Feb  4
21:36:42 EST 2006 root@anna: /usr/obj/usr/src/sys/ANNA i386

--
In my country there is problem; and that problem is GOP; it take
everybody's money; and it never give it back...throw GOP down the