Date:      Thu, 20 Jun 2002 12:00:09 +0300
From:      "Andrey Simonenko" <simon@comsys.ntu-kpi.kiev.ua>
To:        "Defryn, Guy" <G.P.Defryn@massey.ac.nz>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Kernel related

----- Original Message -----
From: "Defryn, Guy" <G.P.Defryn@massey.ac.nz>
Newsgroups: lucky.freebsd.questions
Sent: Thursday, June 20, 2002 6:48 AM
Subject: Kernel related

> I had a go at configuring my kernel. Something must have gone wrong
> because when I reboot the box is not networking anymore.

Probably you removed INET option and/or removed
support for your NICs.

Do step-by-step changes to your kernel configuration file and
try every change, it will help you to understand errors you made.

> If I boot into kernel.old everything works again. Do I need to recompile
> to get it back to normal?

It is better to backup working kernel.old and then try to fix problem
you made in your kernel configuration file.