Date:      Fri, 6 Sep 2002 12:01:47 -0700
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        Igor Roshchin <str@giganda.komkon.org>
Cc:        kris@obsecurity.org, ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mutt

--YiEDa0DAkWCtVeE4

On Fri, Sep 06, 2002 at 12:34:00AM -0400, Igor Roshchin wrote:

> > The ports collection will not work if you mix and match out-of-date
> > pieces together.  Upgrade your entire ports collection and it should
> > work fine.
>=20
> Yes, I agree, and I did that, (after a reminder about the files in ports/=
Mk)
> but there seem to be some unresolved issues
> (see my earlier e-mail from this morning).

Sorry, I think I deleted that one.

> There were "4.1 to 4-STABLE upgrade kit" and "4.2 to 4-STABLE upgrade kit=
".
> There were no upgrade kits for 4.3 and later to 4-STABLE.
>=20
> I am also looking at :
> Information for 34upgrade-2000.02.02:
>=20
> This package will allow you to upgrade your 3.3R or 3.4R system to
> 3-stable, so you can compile and use all ports in ports-current.
>=20
> If indeed (and it's not my omission of something), something changed
> between 4.3-R and now that prevents ports from being compiled properly,
> then an upgrade package is due.

Ah, I understand now.  Yes, we haven't built one of these for quite a
while.  Part of the problem is that I don't know what needs to be
included in such a package.  Perhaps someone with more spare time can
investigate.

Kris

--YiEDa0DAkWCtVeE4

--YiEDa0DAkWCtVeE4--