Date:      Thu, 20 Nov 2003 12:07:37 +1030
From:      Greg 'groggy' Lehey <grog@FreeBSD.org>
To:        pirat <pirat@access.inet.co.th>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Dell Inspiron 1100 and FreeBSD

--HCdXmnRlPgeNBad2

Single line paragraph.

On Wednesday, 19 November 2003 at 17:59:14 +0700, pirat wrote:
> hi sirs,
>
> i have one notebook from dell, inspiron 1100.  i would like to know
> if this notebook can be used with freebsd or not.  it has on board
> broadcom nic.  but the current os - linux TLE - does not `see' it
> also.

This is pretty much the same as the Inspiron 5100 I have.  The onboard
NIC is supported in stable, but I had some problems starting X: the
BIOS wasn't completely mapped, and I had to compile it in to the
server.  See http://www.lemis.com/grog/diary-jul2003.html#25 for more
details.

Greg
--
When replying to this message, please take care not to mutilate the
original text.

--HCdXmnRlPgeNBad2

--HCdXmnRlPgeNBad2--