Date:      Fri, 24 Sep 1999 20:04:28 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Luke <lh@aus.org>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   3.3-RELEASE on older machines?

I have been trying to install 3.3R on an old 486, with several self made
versions of releng_3, 3.3-R they all lockup right after the MFSroot floppy
has been in for a minute. I see the first few lines of the kernel info and it
just sits there. The machine has had 3 oses on it in the last month and had
been up for 13 days running linux before I decided to put FreeBSD on it.
has anyone else tried installing 3.3 on a 486 or 386?

cc:lh@aus.org