Date:      Tue, 8 Oct 1996 08:58:28 +0200
From:      Stefan Bethke <stefan@pong.ppp.de>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Netatalk.. anyone tried the new release?

At 19:13 Uhr -0700 07.10.1996, Julian Elischer wrote:
>Does anyone hae any success/failure stories with teh new release?
>it seems to work here, but I'd like to here from anyone who has
>tried it with positive or negative feedback....

Somewhat off, but whatever: in comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc, you said some
days ago, it would be easy to back-port the AppleTalk kernel parts to
2.1.5-R. I tried (patching net/{if_ethersubr.c,if_loop.c,netisr.c} and
copying netatalk from -current).

netatalk-1.3.3 compiles, but atalkd isn't able to run (haven't looked
further why). netatalk 1.4b1 doesn't compile on 2.1.5-R (errors in
compiling afpd, something with getquota()).

I'll try again when I'm finally delving into -current.

--
Stefan Bethke   <stefan@pong.ppp.de>
Hamburg, Germany