Date:      Fri, 14 Oct 2005 21:18:51 -0700
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Bj=F6rn_K=F6nig?= <bkoenig@cs.tu-berlin.de>
To:        Peter B <pb@ludd.ltu.se>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: TSC Timer "Quality" ?

   Peter B schrieb:

Intel pentium cpu timer tsc:
  'Timecounter "TSC" frequency X Hz quality Y' (from dmesg)

What is the definition of "quality" ..?

I have looked briefly in the /usr/src/sys/i386/i386/tsc.c sourcefile and
the intel-celeron datasheet. Without finding anything useful.

   From src/sys/sys/timetc.h:
        54         int                     tc_quality;
        55                 /*
        56                  * Used to determine if this timecounter is
   better than
        57                  * another timecounter higher means better.
   Negative
        58                  * means "only use at explicit request".
        59                  */
   As far as I understand this, it is used internally only.
   Regards
   Björn