Date:      Sat, 12 Oct 2002 17:51:04 +0300 (EEST)
From:      Evren Yurtesen <yurtesen@ispro.net.tr>
To:        freebsd-hubs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: (3) about @XX.freebsd.org email account policies...???

I see your point that the @freebsd.org mail addresses are for the people
who work for the FreeBSD project deeply.

But there are still many people who contribute to the project in some way,
even if their contribution is a handbook page or less. Then wouldnt it be
nice that they get something in return? Obviously giving @freebsd.org
address would be too much, but giving an @xx.freebsd.org address might be
possible.

Plus the use of these email addresses would let FreeBSD domain pop up on
more mailing lists, web searches etc. Which would in return be a free
advertisement for FreeBSD and hopefully increase the number of the people
who thinks 'what is this freebsd?' =3D)

I dont suggest that we give service like hotmail =3D) But, give these
addresses to selected people who contribute to the project but the
selection criteria might be relaxed little bit.

For example these emails might be given to people who write documentation
to FreeBSD, or to people who prove to be using FreeBSD as the main server
or workstation operating system in their company or in their products.
Thus contributing to FreeBSD even though they dont develop FreeBSD
operating system.

Evren