Date:      Sat, 11 Oct 1997 10:29:54 -0700
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
Cc:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>, FreeBSD Chat <chat@FreeBSD.ORG>, dkelly@hiwaay.net
Subject:   Re: Linux vs freeBSD

>From The Desk Of Mike Smith :
> This is hard.  I guess you can cover the fact that FreeBSD has on some
> occasions been able to leverage the information obtained by Linux
> developers in order to create and/or improve drivers, but the Linux
> driver model and typical source code license is such that it's hard to
> "share" drivers.

1. We share the X distribution

2. We share the linux sound driver distribution well granted not
   as much these days.

3. We share the Bt848 video capture driver -- our Bt848 driver has
   been ported to BSDI and Linux

Its a lot easier to share drivers with the linux crowd if we start
the development .

	Amancio