Date:      Fri, 12 Feb 1999 11:05:28 -0500 (EST)
From:      Big Mayo <molagund@its.brooklyn.cuny.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Cohabitation

I have Windows98 (which is giving me REAL grief with freezes, lockups..etc.)
 and I want to know how I would go about the installation of freebsd Linux.
My problem is that I have an 8.4GB Hard Drive which is one huge partition,
so when I am ready to install FreeBSD I will have to partition it (is that
correct?).  How do I do that without destroying what I already have on my
drive?

Another question.  Is it true that I can install FreeBSD in such a way
that I will be able to boot up to Linux whenever I want to, by inserting
a disk in the a drive?  How would I go about putting that configuration
together?  If that option is less involved than going through a boot
manager to establish a dual boot, I would prefer it.

What suggestion do you have concerning the partitioning of my hard drive
to install FreeBSD?

Does your package come with C/C++ compiler and Java compiler?