Date:      Sat, 23 Jan 1999 01:53:20 -0200
From:      Leonardo Chaves <lcm@engenius.com.br>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, wollman@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Problems with MD5 generated paswords

Hello,

       My ISP uses freeBSD, but unfortunately I have to change
to a SCO one (blergh!). But SCO uses DES for the crypt(3) function,
so, my program that checks the htpasswd passwords do not match the
digests, since they were generated with MD5 (they all begin with
'$1$'). Where can I get the crypt source code from freeBSD so that I
can compile it to SCO and make things work?

      Thanks in advance. Aufwiedersehen ...

						:-) Leonardo

Leonardo Chaves                          Work and Interest Areas:
Computer Engineer            Web Development(Intranet, Java, CGI)
lcm@engenius.com.br                 Internet Educational Software
Unite for Java! www.javalobby.org   Internet/Database integration
              Visit http://www.engenius.com.br