Date:      Thu, 10 Oct 2002 05:51:39 -0400
From:      Jim Freeze <jim@freeze.org>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   file table is full

Hi:

Today I got up and my security log showed the following:

rabbit kernel log messages:
> 246:3175 63.106.140.204:22 in via sis0
> file: table is full
> file: table is full
> Limiting open port RST response from 250 to 200 packets per second
> Limiting open port RST response from 250 to 200 packets per second
> Limiting open port RST response from 250 to 200 packets per second
> Limiting open port RST response from 250 to 200 packets per second
> pmap_collect: collecting pv entries -- suggest increasing PMAP_SHPGPERPROC
> file: table is full
> file: table is full
...and on and on and on....
> file: table is full
> file: table is full
> Limiting open port RST response from 201 to 200 packets per second
> Limiting open port RST response from 201 to 200 packets per second
> Limiting open port RST response from 201 to 200 packets per second
> Limiting open port RST response from 201 to 200 packets per second
> file: table is full
> file: table is full
...pattern essentially repeated...

Does anyone know why this would be happening?
The only thing that I can think that caused this is that I was
running the apache benchmark ab with 1000 tests and 50 concurrent
accessors..

Is there a direct way to see if this problem is gone?

Thanks

--
Jim Freeze