Date:      Fri, 28 Jan 2000 06:52:42 -0800 (PST)
From:      wellsian <wellsian@caffeine.com>
To:        Len Conrad <lconrad@Go2France.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: pkg by ftp

Haven't tried the package, but the port seems fine:

 /usr/ports/net/bind8

Current port is 8.2.2. Have you tried this? If the box isn't already on
the net then fetch these and stuff into /usr/ports/distfiles:

 ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/distfiles/bind-src.tar.gz
 ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/distfiles/bind-doc.tar.gz

then make away.

-Dave