Date:      Thu, 8 Apr 1999 11:28:56 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Matthew J Hughes <mhughes@shrike.depaul.edu>
To:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   PAS and NEC CD-ROM

I tried asking about this in newbies but no one has replied as of yet. So I
figured maybe another newbie has run into a simmilar problem. I have a
Pro-audio spectrum 16 card on my system which has a scsi connection to an
NEC tripple speed CD-ROM drive. I had installed 2.2.5 on my hard drive
using these. The 2.2.5 was borrowed and I have returned it. However when
3.1 came out I bought a copy on CD-ROM and am trying to install. However I
get most of the way through the installation process and then it can not
find the source(i.e. the cd-rom drive) Apparently it is not included in
the generic kernel. I have looked at the documentation on the CD-ROM and
it lists the pas-16 as supported hardware. However about a paragraph later
it lists it as currently unsupported. That leaves me with the question of
how do I get it to work? Is it really unsupported and therefore wasted my
money or am I doing something wrong? Also if it is not supported how come
it was in 2.2.5 and not anymore?
	Sue if you think that this appropriate to forward to questions
please go ahead and do so, you have my permission and admiration, but I do
not subscribe to questions so all answers would have to be e-mailed to me.
							Matt