Date:      Fri, 18 Feb 2011 22:09:05 +0200
From:      "Sergey V. Dyatko" <sergey.dyatko@gmail.com>
To:        Bernhard Froehlich <decke@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Call for Testers: VirtualBox 4.0.4

On Fri, 18 Feb 2011 15:21:52 +0100
Bernhard Froehlich <decke@FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> Hi Testers.
>=20
> A few of you have probably wondered what happened to our VirtualBox
> efforts for FreeBSD. Well it took a bit longer then expected and a few
> problems were found that needed to be resolved first but most of the
> things are looking fine now and almost all patches have been pushed
> upstream with 4.0.4 so here we are now.
>=20
> We will continue to work on VirtualBox for FreeBSD and upstream is
> also very helpful to us but we could need a few more hands to better
> keep up with the work and especially improve and fix the Guest
> Additions. So if you want to help please contact us or have a look at
> our Todo list.
>=20
> This result wouldn't have been possible without the continuous help of
> the VirtualBox Developers and a lot of people from the FreeBSD
> community! (names in alphabetical order and probably missed a few,
> sorry
> for that!)
>=20
> - Alexander Eichner
> - Anonymous
> - Beat G=C3=A4tzi
> - Bernhard Fr=C3=B6hlich
> - crsd
> - DomiX
> - Doug Barton
> - Grzegorz Blach
> - Hans Petter Selasky
> - Julian Stacey
> - Jung-uk Kim
> - J=C3=BCrgen Lock
> - Klaus Espenlaub
> - Martin Wilke
> - Mattia Rossi
> - Michael Butler
> - Sean C. Farley
> - Steve Wills
> - tombsd
> - Vivek Khera
> - well-wisher
> - Wietse Venema
> - Yuri
> - many more from emulation@
>=20
> Please when testing this ports backup all your virtual machines first.
> Also please build the port with DEBUG option enabled and send us the
> logfile when any VM crashes. Without them it's very hard to figure out
> what went wrong.
>=20
>=20
> Highlights with 4.0:
> - USB support (by Hans Petter Selasky)
> - Asynchronous I/O
> - Guest additions got startscripts and a integration into the desktop
> environments
> - www/phpvirtualbox updated to 4.0-3
>=20
> Changelog for 4.0:
> - http://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Changelog
>=20
> Short configuration help:
> - http://wiki.freebsd.org/VirtualBox
>=20
> Todo List:
> - http://wiki.freebsd.org/VirtualBox/ToDo
> [...]
CONFLICTS missing for -kmod:

laptop# pkg_info -xI virt
virtualbox-ose-4.0.4 A general-purpose full virtualizer for x86 hardware
virtualbox-ose-additions-4.0.4 VirtualBox additions for FreeBSD guests
virtualbox-ose-kmod-3.2.12_1 VirtualBox kernel module for FreeBSD
virtualbox-ose-kmod-4.0.4 VirtualBox kernel module for FreeBSD

laptop# pkg_info -xL virtualbox-ose-kmod-3.2.12_1
Information for virtualbox-ose-kmod-3.2.12_1:

Files:
/usr/local/share/licenses/virtualbox-ose-kmod-3.2.12_1/catalog.mk
/usr/local/share/licenses/virtualbox-ose-kmod-3.2.12_1/LICENSE
/usr/local/share/licenses/virtualbox-ose-kmod-3.2.12_1/GPLv2
//boot/modules/vboxdrv.ko
//boot/modules/vboxnetadp.ko
//boot/modules/vboxnetflt.ko
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/vboxnet

laptop# pkg_info -xL virtualbox-ose-kmod-4.0.4
Information for virtualbox-ose-kmod-4.0.4:

Files:
/usr/local/share/licenses/virtualbox-ose-kmod-4.0.4/catalog.mk
/usr/local/share/licenses/virtualbox-ose-kmod-4.0.4/LICENSE
/usr/local/share/licenses/virtualbox-ose-kmod-4.0.4/GPLv2
//boot/modules/vboxdrv.ko
//boot/modules/vboxnetadp.ko
//boot/modules/vboxnetflt.ko
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/vboxnet