Date:      Thu, 20 Mar 2003 19:01:10 -0500
From:      Paul Murphy <pnmurphy@cogeco.ca>
To:        Andrew Sparrow <spadger@spadger.best.vwh.net>
Cc:        root@AVelizy-101-1-2-142.abo.wanadoo.fr, rebehn@ant.uni-bremen.de, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: No xvideo support for ATI Rage Pro?

--=.75UQiaGTEYBK7=

On Thu, 20 Mar 2003 19:00:53 +0000
Andrew Sparrow <spadger@spadger.best.vwh.net> wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 20, 2003 at 02:58:54PM +0100, Charlie Root wrote:
> > According to Paul Murphy:
> > > mplayer -vo x11 -stop_xscreensaver -zoom  <filename>
> >
> > For a full screen on ati I prefere
> >
> >  mplayer -vo dga -stop_xscreensaver -zoom file.avi
> >          ^^^^^^^
>
> You might also like to try:
>
> 	mplayer -vo xvidix -zoom -fs (etc.)
>
> This also requires root privs, like DGA (curses!). Unlike DGA, you
> can't fix it with SGID perms on mplayer and /dev/mem (which implies
> that GtK GUI mode won't work, as this stops running if the EUID is 0)
>
> Xvidix seems to needs to open the video device as root, and there
> are only a limited number of built-in graphics devices (happily
> from my POV, Mach64 is one of them).

 rage128 too!

 To OP (I forget who that was), all these methods work fullscreen for
me. The best description of my card is:

[earth] /home/paul: scanpci

[snip]
pci bus 0x0001 cardnum 0x00 function 0x00: vendor 0x1002 device 0x5046
 ATI Technologies Inc Rage 128 PF/PRO AGP 4x TMDS

 If it is not just a mis-configuration on your part then I guess there
is a (major) difference between the Rage PRO and the Rage 128 PRO.
(Where I bought the computer from, they called it "Rage Fury PRO")

--
Cogeco ergo sum

--=.75UQiaGTEYBK7=

--=.75UQiaGTEYBK7=--